My OH and I are visiting the US for the first time and have some questions about the budget we need to prepare for it. We leave our country with all the flights and accommodations booked, so it would be just gas, eating, sightseeing, tickets, some shopping… How much money should we plan for that? I know it depends on how you travel, we don’t backpack, but don’t travel on the high end either, just an average thing. Some days we will pick something in a Walmart or alike and eat on the road. I had planned 200$ for 2 people per day, but lots of people are saying I’m falling short.
I’m leaving our itinerary if it helps:
* Day 1: We get to Vegas and pick up a rental car
* Day 2: Driving from Vegas to Grand Canyon
* Day 3: Driving from Grand Canyon to Vegas through route 66
* Day 4: Driving from Vegas to Yosemite
* Day 5: Day in Yosemite
* Day 6: Driving from Yosemite to San Francisco
* Day 7: Day in San Francisco
* Day 8: Driving from San Francisco to Monterey Bay
* Day 9: Driving from Monterey Bay to Coastal California
* Day 10: Driving from Coastal California to L.A.
* Day 11: Day in L.A.
* Day 12: We leave the rental car in L.A. and fly to New Orleans
* Day 13: Day in New Orleans
* Day 14: Day in New Orleans
* Day 15: We leave New Orleans and fly to NY.
* Day 16: Day in NY
* Day 17: Day in NY
* Day 18: Day in NY
* Day 19: Day in NY
* Day 20: Day in NY and flying late in the evening back home.
Any advice on what to see, visit or any extra precaution we need to take regarding scams or safety would be much appreciated since it’s our first time overseas and English is not our first language. Also how to be nice and appreciative to people there and what is common in Europe but offensive in the US.
Thank you very much for your help 🙂
Edit: We are flying in the spring if it matters!
Edit 2: When I say our accommodations are booked beforehand I mean paid.
Edit 3: Sorry for editing so much! We both are vegan if it’s relevant for budgeting the food.